1) Kilikya Journal of Philosophy is an international, peer-reviewed academic journal.
2) The journal is published twice a year in electronic format (e-journal) in April and October. The manuscripts for the April issue are to be submitted before February 1, and the manuscripts for the October issue are to be submitted before August 1. Submissions after these dates will be assessed for the next issue of the journal.
3) The journal accepts submissions in Turkish and English.
4) Authors are expected to make unique contributions to philosophical problems in accordance with their field of study. Manuscripts are to be written in the form of “Research Article” and accepted for publication on the understanding that they have not been previously published or submitted for publication.
5) The double-blinded assessment system is applied in evaluating the manuscripts submitted to the journal. The authors are not informed about the identities of the referees and the referees are not informed about the identities of the authors.
6) The articles are taken into preliminary examination in terms of writing and reference rules before the editorial team sends them for peer review. For this reason, authors need to pay attention to the rules of spelling and reference. Manuscripts that are not prepared in accordance with grammar and writing rules, article template and/or reference rules will not be accepted for the referee evaluation and, depending on the severity of the mistakes/deficiencies, will be sent back to the author(s) with the suggestion to revise it or will be rejected directly.
7) Articles in English are expected to have been proofread and edited prior to submission.The authors shall be solely responsible for any grammatical or orthographic mistakes. Kilikya Journal of Philosophy shall not be responsible for any such mistakes.
8) The articles should include an abstract of 100-250 words in English and Turkish, as well as five (5) keywords for each language.
9) Articles are expected to be in the range of 3000-6000 words (without bibliography). Longer manuscripts may be published by the recommendation of the reviewing referee(s) and/or where the editorial board deems appropriate.
10) Manuscripts are to be prepared according to the Article Template. The information in the letterhead of the template shall be filled by the editorial team once the article is accepted for publication. The date of arrival, the date of acceptance, the page numbers and other information in the template letterhead will be added by the Editors if the manuscript is accepted to be published after the referee evaluation.
11) The manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with the American Psychological Association (APA) 6.0 style in terms of reference system, format of footnotes and bibliography. Authors should consult our Reference Guidelines on the web page of the journal for detailed information on creating bibliography references and footnotes.
12) Manuscripts that pass the preliminary evaluation will be sent for evaluation by at least two referees related to the field of study. At least two referees need to “approve” in order for the manuscript to be published. If both referees “disapprove”, the manuscript will be rejected. If one of the referees “disapproves” and the other “approves” the manuscript, the manuscript will be sent to the third referee, whose opinion will determine whether the manuscript is to be published or not. However, occasionally the manuscript can be accepted or rejected by the editorial board without sending it to a third referee.
13) The author(s) will be informed in accordance with the referee reports. If correction is requested, the authors are expected to consider the criticism and recommendations of the relevant referees. Corrections may also be proposed by the editorial board and/or editors before or after the referee evaluation process. It is the responsibility of the authors to deliver the corrected manuscript within the specified time limit.
14) The scientific, ethical and legal responsibility regarding the manuscript belongs to the author/authors. Authors should consider academic ethical principles and prepare their work in line with these principles. Manuscript authenticity check will be conducted using Turnitin Program.
15) The opinions expressed in the works published in the Cilicia Journal of Philosophy belong to their authors; the publication of works does not mean that the journal defends or supports these views.
16) All rights of published works belong to Kilikya Journal of Philosophy. Citations can be made provided that the source is explicitly indicated.
17) Please submit the manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org